CCA Texas STAR Guides Division
It is the hope of Texas STAR and CCA Texas to be able to reward Texas fishing guides
who support marine conservation, and empower them
to help recruit more anglers into the CCA mission through this division.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, ALL GUIDES MUST POSSESS:
1. Current CCA membership and STAR entry
2. Valid USCG Captains License
3. Current TPWD Guide License
The addition of the CCA Texas Guides Division does not affect any other STAR category, and guides are still excluded from participating in any other division of the tournament…
This division is for Guides only, and no customers or regular STAR anglers will be fishing against guides at any time.
All photos are for representational purposes only…
To be eligible, all guides must possess:
- Current CCA membership and STAR entry
- Valid USCG Captains License
- Current TPWD Guide license
1. All guides must meet the above criteria to win One Polaris Ranger Crew 570EFI Polaris Pursuit Camo with Big Tex Trailer. 2. All eligible guides who were present when a member of their party catches any fish on the final leaderboard on a paid, or unpaid trip, will be entered into a drawing to win the division, pending polygraphs. Drawing will be held after the final winner board is posted. Entries will be weighted in descending order based upon final standings, with a division-winning fish (including all tagged redfish winners) being worth five entries and a fifth place fish being worth one entry. To enter this Division, simply click Sign Up tab above and follow the prompts to get registered. Everyone enters the same, but make sure your angler(s) indicates your name on the form when weighing in a STAR fish! The guide must be listed on the angler’s Official STAR weigh-in form to receive entries.
GUIDES DIVISION RULE 29. All eligible guides (See www.startournament.org/about-star/guides-division/) who were present when a member of their party catches a division-placing fish, and all qualified tagged redfish catches, on a paid, or unpaid trip, will be entered into a drawing to win the division, pending polygraphs. 30. All Red and Blue tag winners will be worth 5 points. For all other divisions, a 1st place fish is worth 5 points, 2nd place 4 points, 3rd place 3 points, 4th place 2 points, 5th place 1 point. The guide must be listed on the angler’s Official STAR weigh-in form to receive entries.
*As below, we then attach chances for each guide in the drawing based upon the client/angler’s placement in the FINAL STAR Leaderboard standings:
CCA Texas appreciates the many trip donations made to local chapters to help fund CCA approved projects!
Thank You and Good Luck!!